Today was my official first day as a Cornell student! Going to an Ivy League university for graduate school as a 33 year old is considerably different than my venture to the tiny Christian Brothers University for undergrad as a measly 16 year old.
- Dog actually ate my shoes for the day so had to change to my backup shoes
- Couldn’t decide what to wear until I was nearly walking out of the house cause my shirt couldn’t clash with my backup shoes
- Forgot my headphones
- 5 feet to the right I set my sweater and book down on a yellow jacket nest
- Totally have some Lactaid in these pockets, just in case
- My elbow hurts so I smell like a grandparent wearing icy-hot
- Still have a splash of toenail polish the kids put on me months ago
- I am wearing makeup (OMG)
- It was a heat index of 99+ today so skinny jeans were a bad choice
The kids and hubs gave me a nice send off this morning. I am excited to get this chapter rolling. I spent most of this afternoon exploring spaces on campus to hang out–libraries, the “cocktail lounge” (which is really just a Google-ish study space), the rec center, a new-to-me coffee shop. The family gets to come join me this evening for a bell tower chime concert and some refreshments. The real stuff starts later this week!
Love others. Love self. Love coffee.
#coffeewithasideofcowbell #coffeeandcowbell #cornell #christianbrothersuniversity #johnsonmba #veteran #ivyleague #motherhood #momblog #funny #firstday #scjohnsonmba