I mentioned in Finally a Trip to Ithaca, NY that I couldn’t wait to get back to Ithaca. That happened much quicker than I expected…my MIL came into town last week so Chris and I decided to capitalize on her being here and make a weekend trip up north. There was a house we were interested in viewing and Chris was ready to finally see the area.
I’m super happy we made the trip because we are now in contact on a house!! We still have a while before closing, but it’s pretty perfect for us.
- 30+ acres
- Chicken coop (they offered the chickens too!)
- Garden plot
- Above ground pool
- Tree house with electricity (which is a secret from the girls)
- Play set
- Huge pole barn
- Amazing giant wood burning stove for heat (away from the house)
- Nice basement that I’m going to finish
- Cheap enough for us to afford land and basement improvements
- Stream in the back yard
- Tons of deer poop (and bear poop 😬)
- Plenty of room for the family
- And the owners threw in a ton of furniture, yard equipment, TVs, and wood/coal for super cheap so they don’t have to mess with it
We have so many ideas and plans 😂 We’ve got to close on the house and get out of the Marine Corps first, though! Chris might have found a way to keep me from spending the entire year traveling. Just give me a house and I’ll be content lol. It’s a little further from Cornell than I was hoping for, but still within the limits that we set originally. I can’t wait!
Love others. Love self. Love coffee.
#coffeewithasideofcowbell #coffeeandcowbell #homebuying #upstateny #ithacany #cornellbound #momblog #workingmom #homestead #farming